Click photo for larger image.
Colors may display or print differently than the actual product.
Classical Woman Offering Fruit on Shell Water Fountain Statue
Item No.1034-CS (fgt)
FeaturesClassical style woman carrying fruit on a large shell.
Made in USA
This Classical Woman Offering Fruit on a shell can be piped through the shell for a beautiful fountain feature.
Women would be more charming if one could fall into her arms without falling into her hands.
Please visit our Learning Center to read about caring for your outdoor cast stone fountain, statue, furniture or lawn ornament. There, you'll read about general information for fountains and statues, find water fountain and lawn statue installation instructions, discover facts about cast stone, and learn how to maintain your water fountain and prepare it for winter.
The cast stone is a concrete product, not cut or shaped natural stone. The concrete in this cast stone product contains various dimensions of Connecticut white limestone aggregate, some mason’s sand, Type 2 Portland Cement, a concrete super plasticiser, an air entraining agent, a shrinkage inhibitor, and only just enough water to make it workable (a maximum of a 25% slump). The material consistently tests to a pressure strength over 5000 PSI.
The natural color of this mixture is light grey. This cast stone product will go through a chemical reaction called efflorescence. First exposure of the new concrete to acid rain, wind and sun results in the salts being drawn out of the cast stone to the surface of the product. The result is usually white streaks or an overall chalk like appearance. As the product is continually exposed to the weather these drips and stains will fade away and the limestone aggregate will begin to become more exposed.
We suggest using a non-shrink grout when mortaring cast stone products together. This grout will often need to be touched up to match the light color of our products, we can provide a touch up mix for this purpose for this product.
This is a cast stone fountain kit complete with pump, tubing, clamps and easy installation.
For a successful installation, patience is rewarding. Before scheduling installation, ensure that you have everything in satisfactory condition on site. Thoroughly read and understand the installation instructions. Here are some generic installation instructions.
- Concrete water fountain with NO ground pool (pdf, new window).
- Water Fountain WITH a ground pool (pdf, new window).
Manufacturer's warranty is to the original purchasing consumer for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase, against manufacturing defects.
Harsh chemicals such as CLR or TSP have a negative effect on the finish. This practice voids the warranty. Similarly, chemicals such as chlorine, bleach tablets, etc. have a negative effect on the finish AND internal connections. This practice will also voids the warranty.
Clientele prefer lead products for the antiquity nature of the material. This lead product is made of 99.5% pure lead metal. Lead is a soft metal and can deform with time. Where necessary, they are reinforced wit brass, bronze or stainless steel to give them the strength that lead does not have. Safeguards should be taken to avoid any human or animal ingestion of water from lead objects such as fountains made of lead.
Using water products together?
Do not mix or use different chemical products together when treating your water for whatever reason.
Mixing products such as fish medications and Algae‐Fix for example can cause adverse chemical reactions that could be caustic to fish and plants.
Products that are marked as natural, such as bacteria and enzyme products can be used together with no harm to the environment.
Using Algae‐Fix, InstaFix, D‐Solv9, Algaway 5.4 with any oxidizer such as Algae‐Off or GreenClean will kill fish — and if mixed together outside of the pond could potentially explode and cause injury and contamination of the area.
Always follow the instructions. Ensure that your measuring devices are good and that you know the number of gallons that you are treating. Applying products too often can build up and injure or kill fish, plants, and even wildlife or pets that come in contact with the water.
This item ships via "freight", a shipping company that delivers large and heavy merchandise (not UPS or FedEx). Quotations are the fair way to determine shipping to your location. Our customers and clientele have saved $tens to $hundreds on the final price with our quotations. Your total price will be locked in for a defined time for you to make the right decision to purchase from Gardecor®.
To receive a free Gardecor® Special Quote, put this in your cart and complete checkout. When we receive your request, we will research the best freight rate for you.
Freight shipment with a lift-gate in residential area.
NOTE: You may have found this elsewhere with "free" shipping. The shipping rate was built into the price. Now, if you order two items, the shipping rate should not be twice as much as one; however, if the shipping rate were built into the price and advertised as "free shipping", then you would, indeed, pay twice as much for the shipping. Also, destinations close to the factory have a much lower shipping rate than destinations afar. This is taken into consideration when we prepare your quotation and you pay the fair rate.
What types of delivery can I have?
Freight shipments are complex because of the steps involved transporting and delivering large and heavy goods. Here are the types of deliveries involved.
- Residential. We always request scheduled delivery for residential deliveries. The trucking company will contact you when your shipment arrives at the receiving depot and no sooner.
- Commercial. This is an area comprised of businesses. This is not an at-home business. The trucker will arrive unscheduled during normal business hours.
- Construction. We need to know if the site is a construction site because the rate may be different than other destinations.
- No Lift-Gate. You are responsible for unloading your crate(s) from the truck bed. Once you take possession, you are responsible for damages. If you have a forklift or unloading dock with at least a pallet jack, then you won't need a truck with a lift-gate.
- Yes, Lift-Gate.This is also called "curbside delivery". The trucker will leave your crate(s) on the ground behind the truck. They are not supposed to leave it in the street. If you have a skilled driver, they might back into your driveway as a courtesy to you. Remember that they are not obligated to perform additional requests.
- Inside delivery is not available for all products. The trucker will bring your items inside your home. They are not obligated to unpack it for you. This is not offered for fountains because fountains require someone who can install it for you. See "White-Glove Service", below.
- White-glove Service. This is not available for all products. This is not offered for fountains because fountains require someone who can install the fountain. Generally, a third-party local company is contracted to pick up the merchandise from the main shipper's depot to deliver to you. That specialized trucking company will arrange to bring your items inside, unpack it, set it up and haul away the packing debris.
Some truckers carry a pallet jack to move your crate beyond the back of the truck. We always request this but cannot promise it as it is not a service the trucking company offers. The driver may or may not have a pallet jack. You can rent a pallet jack for the day from a local rental center.
Do not expect the trucking company to set up your fountain or place your statue in it's resting location. I would not recommend this as they are not trained in dealing with installation services.